Thursday, June 22, 2006

What is Prayer?

A man's daughter had asked the local Mulana to come and pray with her father.
When the mulana arrived, he found the man lying in bed with his head propped up on two pillows.
An empty chair sat beside his bed.
The mulana assumed that the old fellow had been informed of his visit.
"I guess you were expecting me, he said.
'No, who are you?" said the father.
The mulana told him his name and then remarked, "I saw the empty chair and I figured you knew I was going to show up,"
"Oh yeah, the chair," said the bedridden man.
"Would you mind closing the door?"
Puzzled, the mulana shut the door.
"I have never told anyone this, not even my daughter," said the man.
"But all of my life I have never known how to pray. At Mosque I used to hear the Imam talk about prayer, but it went right over my head." I abandoned any attempt at prayer," the old man continued, "until one day four years ago, my best friend said to me,
"Yusuf, prayer is just a simple matter of having a conversation with Allah.
Here is what I suggest."
"Sit down in a chair; place an empty chair in front of you, and in faith speak to Allah on the chair.
It's not spooky because he promised, 'I will be with you always'.
"Then just speak to him in the same way you're doing with me right now."
"So, I tried it and I've liked it so much that I do it a couple of hours every day.
I'm careful though If my daughter saw me talking to an empty chair, she'd either have a nervous breakdown or send me off to the funny farm."
The Mulana was deeply moved by the story and encouraged the old man to continue on the journey. Then he prayed with him, anointed him with oil, and returned to the Mosque.
Two nights later the daughter called to tell the Mulana that her daddy had died that afternoon.
"Did he die in peace?" he asked.
Yes, when I left the house about two o'clock, he called me over to his bedside, told me he loved me and kissed me on the cheek. When I got back from the store an hour later, I found him dead. But there was something strange about his death. Apparently, just before Daddy died, he leaned over and rested his head on the chair beside the bed. What do you make of that?"
The Mulana wiped a tear from his eye and said, "I wish we could all go like that."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous put forth...

Hello.. Do you know how to Add Adsense Code Inside Single Post Only in XML Template? Visit your blog to learn how.. Have a nice thursday!

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous put forth...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

5:00 PM  
Blogger """Hello, My name is Prashant and I'm contacting from bedpage (www.bedpage.com) - we are a top classified advertiser. I found your website and offer a possible partnership with us that will help you w put forth...

"""Hello,
My name is Prashant and I'm contacting from bedpage (www.bedpage.com) - we are a top classified advertiser. I found your website and offer a possible partnership with us that will help you with increasing revenue from your web. We already work with similar webs like yours: these publishers earn great additional revenue with us.

We would like to place a dofollow link on your website from where we can get the traffic. We ae person responsible for your site  monetization so we can discuss some details and see if we could work together.
re willing to pay you in bitcoins.

We provide customised solutions for each partner, so I would like to get in touch with th
Best regards


--
Prashant
Traffic Acquisition
bedpage

Email: bpmediabuyer@gmail.com
Skype: prashushinde7 
Website: www.bedpage.com

"""

11:10 PM  
Blogger hise put forth...

"""Hello,
My name is Prashant and I'm contacting from bedpage (www.bedpage.com) - we are a top classified advertiser. I found your website and offer a possible partnership with us that will help you with increasing revenue from your web. We already work with similar webs like yours: these publishers earn great additional revenue with us.

We would like to place a dofollow link on your website from where we can get the traffic. We ae person responsible for your site  monetization so we can discuss some details and see if we could work together.
re willing to pay you in bitcoins.

We provide customised solutions for each partner, so I would like to get in touch with th
Best regards


--
Prashant
Traffic Acquisition
bedpage

Email: bpmediabuyer@gmail.com
Skype: prashushinde7 
Website: www.bedpage.com

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home